Sunday, November 22, 2015

I Almost Went Into Computer Science After High School

After High School, I knew I wanted to be a doctor. I applied to two schools: University of the Philippines and University of San Agustin. I chose BS Biology, Economics and Journalism as my courses at UP. I took the UPCAT and passed.

A week later after the UPCAT was released, I received a letter from UP Computer Science. It said that they have this new experimental program and they are getting the top 30 examinees and I was included in the top 30. The perks were free tuition, allowance, etc. I asked myself, 'Top 30 for what? I did not even apply in computer science!'

Well, my parents were not believers of computer science. For them, if I took up computer science, I would be like that encoder working in some boring office who's typing and typing all her life.

Because of financial constraints and because I was entitled to a 25% tuition discount, I enrolled at University of San Agustin Medical Technology.

Sometimes I wonder what had happened to me if I grabbed that opportunity. I may be working in tech firms now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment